Central Midland Alliance Roundup for April 20th

By Richard Lane

All the details of this week's matches are here

. Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for April 20th


Congratulations to Chesterfield Youth who took the Abacus Lighting Floodlit Cup, beating Dinnington Town 3-1 at Alfreton Town on Tuesday night. The match, after several postponements, saw the young Spireites go in front after 26 minutes from the penalty spot, Tom Pawson beating the keeper. Dinnington had to wait until the 69th minute for the leveller, Cory Glaves the scorer. The result was decided in the closing stages as first James Simmonite finished off a swift counter attack six minutes from time, and as Dinnington poured forward in search of an equaliser, the inevitable happened, Chesterfield breaking out quickly, a cool finish from Leo King settling the tie.

Meanwhile in the Macron Store Nottingham Division One Cup Worksop Town reached the final with an extra time defeat of Allenton United. The sides were level at 3-3 after ninety minutes, but Worksop grabbed three more in the first half of extra time and another in the second to make the final score 7-3. Pharrell came off the bench to score a hat trick for the Tigers, Rhys Butterworth, Alfie Parnell, Ethan Slater and Rosti Yaramenko with one each. In the final they will face either Holbrook Sports or Cromford & Wirksworth Town Reserves who met on Tuesday evening. Holbrook won the outstanding quarter final 5-2 against Dearne & District Development thanks to goals from Ethan Watson with two, Brad Daly, Oliver Curd and Archie Meyer while Liam Lambert and Jack Oxley replied for Dearne.

What may turn out to be a pivotal evening in the Black Dragon Premier South Division saw the two promotion hopefuls in action. Pinxton recorded their fifth consecutive clean sheet, putting three past Wirksworth Ivanhoe Harley Kozluk, Nathan Benger and Sion Green with the goals. A combative match at the Fieldings proved a disappointment for South Normanton Athletic who dropped points for the second successive game, their match with Mansfield Hosiery Mills ending 2-2. Josh Parfitt gave the Shiners an interval lead, Ryan Hadley making it two before the Millers rallied, strikes from Tom Suter and Luke Crosby ensuring the points were shared. AFC Normanton won for the first time in eight, beating Holbrook 3-0, all the goals coming in the first 45. A thirteenth minute own goal followed by another two minutes later from Henry Brooks got the home side off to the perfect start, Jak Lightly’s third, a penalty two minutes before the break sealing the win. Melbourne Dynamo joined South Normanton in second place following a 5-1 win at Teversal. Carl Allsop and Tyler Withers gave Dynamo a two goal lead by the 25th minute. Conor Poynton made it three on 33 minutes, Jack Goodband putting the game the result beyond doubt a couple of minutes before half time. Withers got his second on 79th minute before Tom Widdowson finally got Tevie on the scoreboard. Graham St Prims took the points at Cromford & Wirksworth Town, Nathan Bennett’s 57th minute goal decisive. Wednesday night’s match was totally one sided, Derb y Singh Brothers hammering Mayfield 10-1. Mayfield were still in touch at half time, the deficit just two, but Singhs raced away hitting another seven before the final whistle. For the visitors Lee Williamson led the way with a hat trick, Tyler Johal and Jagtar Dhanoa each scored two and there were also goals for Khaleeq Shaffique, Daniel Smith and Kieran O’ Connell, with Tom Wain the scorer of Mayfield’s goal. Graham Street Prims made It three wins in five days with a 3-0 defeat of AFC Normanton, Sam Simpson’s fifth minute goal followed by a George Lynam double in the 23rd and 36th minutes. Cromford & Wirksworth Town won 3-0 at Mansfield Hosiery Mills, Scott Taylor hitting all three.
Goals were at a premium in the Premier North. AFC Bentley played their second game in exile at Armthorpe, a Deven Hannan goal on 75 minutes the winner against Hatfield Town. Will Gomes’ 19th minute goal for Harworth Colliery was answered by Staveley Reserves’ Ross Dawson on 43 to give the sides a point apiece. In cricketing terms Rossington Main Reserves and Woodhouse Colts “failed to trouble the scorers”. The trend continued on Thursday as, after their trophy win on Tuesday, Chesterfield Youth restricted high-flying Doncaster City to a 74th minute Jonny Nyantou goal.

There were two matches in Division One East, Zac Hamilton and Will Knowles were the inspiration behind Linby Colliery’s 2-1 defeat of Long Bennington for whom Oliver Kitchener got the goal. Clipstone’s Ryan Hawley and Ashland Rovers’ Ryan Butler were the scorers as their sides drew 2-2.
Kilburn suffered a setback as their Division One West match at Heanor Town ended in a 1-0 defeat.


Congratulations to Blidworth Welfare who were confirmed as champions of Division One East with three matches still to play. They celebrated in style with an 8-0 thumping of Ollerton Town at Walesby Lane, the goals shared between Reilly Hodgkinson with a hat trick, two from Liam Carver and one each for Kyle Bacon, Lee Naughton and Scott Taylor. Congratulations also to Sheffield FC Development who clamed the Division One North championship, the point from a 1-1 draw with Appleby Frodingham giving them the advantage over Worksop Town, Gabriel Oloko with the all important goal.

It's as you were at the top of the Premier North Division with both Dearne & District and Doncaster City winning 3-0. Dearne came through a tricky looking game at Dinnington Town, overcoming their third-placed opponents with three second half goals. Baz Lowe got the first six minutes after the restart, Shay Evans-Booth added another after 72 minutes with Brandon Burke confirming the result on 79, It was also 3-0 at Armthorpe where Doncaster faced next to bottom Kiveton Miners Welfare. Rob Guilfoyle got them off to a good start, scoring after 14 minutes, Harry Clapham doubling the advantage just after half time, Mo Gashi’s third coming in the final minute of the match. Yorkshire Main and Elite AFC are battling it out For fourth spot, both having comfortable wins on Saturday. Main entertained Hatfield Town, the final score 5-0 in the hosts’ favour. Ethan Slater scored twice with Danny Boulton, Jamie Whitehouse and Regan Constantine getting one apiece. Elite went one better at Glapwell. A goal on 10 minutes following a saved penalty credited to Ben Davies put Elite in front with a Bartek Chrobak double on 19 and 37 minutes. A Tom Yates strike on the strike of half time was followed by another by the same player after 51, Tommy Pallett making up the half dozen twenty minutes from the end. A missed penalty cost AFC Bentley dear as they went down to a 2-1 defeat at “home” to Rossington Main Reserves. Jack Ward caught the hosts cold with a goal in the first minute, Craig Aspinall with the equaliser three minutes before half time. Tom Stalton restored the visitors’ lead with a 64th minute strike, Bentley failing from the penalty spot just two minutes later. The points were shared at Woodhouse Colts, a very late goal rescuing a point for visitors Harworth Colliery. The scores were level at the break, Baillie Hajman’s 12th minute goal for Woodhouse wiped out by George Walton on 24. After losing their keeper, the hosts regained the advantage, Jamie Royle scoring on the hour, Ewan Plant levelling a minute into stoppage time. Same outcome but no goals between SJR Worksop and Chesterfield Youth.

There’s also no change at the Premier South Division, the leading pair getting three points from a single goal. Pinxton won 1-0 at Derby Singh Brothers thanks to a Sion Green goal while the Shiners goal at Graham Street Prims came from a Josh Scully in the second half. Linby Colliery’s seesaw season took an upward swing as they beat third placed Melbourne Dynamo at Church Lane. An 8th minute goal from Charlie Tassi gave Linby the half time advantage, Jack Bodill equalising with 57 minutes played, but five minutes later the home side were back in front with a Mason Moore goal. Dylan Muir again pulled a goal back, Moore had the last word, grabbing Linby’s winner in the final minute. Cromford & Wirksworth Town’s barren spell continued as they failed to find the net for the fourth consecutive home match, visitors Teversal returning with the points after a 2-0 win. Tevie led at half time with a Jack McWilliams goal, their keeper Joe Parker having saved a penalty, an own goal in the second half cementing the win. Wirksworth Ivanhoe were 3-0 winners at home to Holbrook St Michaels with Jack Higton, Liam Bednall and Tom Mellor all finding the net. Bakewell Town beat Arnold Town 2-0 at Tideswell, Martin Brissett’s goal on the half mark followed by a second from James Bean a minute after hal time. The Mickleover derby went in favour of RBL Ben Rushby’s goal after 52 minutes seeing off the challenge of Mickleover Reserves.

In Division One East RHP moved up to fourth with a narrow 4-3 win at Pilsley. Scorers for RHP were Sebastian Headley with a double, Aiden Horner and Nathan Ranyard, Pilsley’s reply coming from Tyler Barksby with two and Jack Lewin. Sleetmoor United moved off the bottom with a convincing 6-0 defeat of Long Bennington. Morgan Boyle got a hat trick, Connor Kerry, Will Price and Jude Thompson with one apiece.

The destination of the title in Division One West could still go the way of any in the top three, who all won in the latest round of matches. Kilburn gave their goal difference a boost with an 8-1 thumping of Bargate Rovers. Doing the thumping were Jordan Mighty who got a hat trick, Ben Hilton with two and Jason Barratt, Ryan Cumberland and Jack Archer. Holbrook Sports also donned their shooting boots to inflict a 6-0 defeat on Rowsley 86. Ewan Barnes scored twice with Ethan Watson, Brad Daly, Mick Birkinshaw and Kai Hendricks-Gough all on target. Mickleover Athletic’s win was less eye-catching but just as effective, Lewis Bagshaw’s 10th minute goal followed by one from Cole Hassell on 72 minutes keeping their team at the top of the table.

Two games only in Division One South, with Punjab United winning 2-1 at Allenton United, Simeon Lawrence and Kirk Francis scoring, with Harry Stevens getting one for Allenton. Hilton Harriers missed out on the opportunity to return to the top as they went down 3-0 at FC Sunnyhill.

In the Drayton PACS Division Two, Ashover secured only their second win of the season by beating Winster Darley Lions 4-2. Harvey Nunn and David Glasby with the goals for Winster, but no scorers received from Ashover. Aston Village beat Newhall United 1-0 with a goal on the stroke of half time from Jordan Meyer. Also winners by a single goal were Wirksworth Ivanhoe who beat Sherwin with Owen King the scorer. Bargate Rovers and Castle Donington drew 1-1, Wayne Hall with the goal for Bargate.

The semi finals of the Mel Williams Division Two Cup featured the top four in the table, the final will feature the top two. Melbourne Dynamo kept hopes oF a league an cup double as they beat Little Eaton 5-2. Jacob Vella and Sam Bancroft Both scored twice for Dynamo with Brandon O’Reilly also on the scoresheet while Jody Burton and Jame Hickling-Mace got the goals for Little Eaton. Melbourne will face Willington United in the final. Willington won 2-0 at Markeaton, Ben Holder’s goal in the 10th minute followed a second a minute into the second half from Anri Burmeisters.
The final will be played at Graham Street Prims on Saturday May 11th.

Richard Lane

javascript:attachImages('1', 'img_preview', 'document.form.img.value');

Where next?

Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for April 27th All of this week's league and cup news is here
Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for April 13th All the news from the week's matches

Match centre

Black Dragon Premier Division North
Black Dragon Premier Division South
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 North
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 East

Abacus Lighting Central Midlands Alliance League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.