The Central Midlands Alliance League Roundup for October 14th

By Richard Lane

A roundup of all the results and almost all the scorers from this week's matches

Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for October 14th


Again midweek football was at a premium with only two matches taking place. And for the second week running Teversal were at home but went down 4-3 to Linby Colliery. The visitors took an early lead, Mason Moore scoring in the 10th minute, the advantage doubled as Alex Paterson added a 35th minute penalty. Ben Denton pulled one back on the stroke of half time, but three minutes into the second half Paterson restored Linby’s two goal lead. Liam Carver scored on the hour, and, after Paterson had seen a second penalty saved, equalised in the 74th minute. Just as it looked as if the points would be shared, Sean Craven hit a last minute winner for Linby.
South Normanton Athletic took a notable scalp in the Derbyshire Senior Cup, knocking out Step 5 Belper United in a penalty shootout. The match finished 1-1, Belper went ahead in the 6th minute, and it wasn’t until midway through the second half that sub Perry Richards put the sides level. That was how it stayed, the Shiners taking the tie 4-2 from the penalty spot.


Dearne & District continued on their winning way with a 5-0 defeat of Elite AFC in front of another healthy attendance of 346. The pattern was set in the opening minutes, Curtis Wilkinson’s seventh minute opener immediately by a second from Josh Moore. Goals either side of half time from Wilkinson and Baz Lowe followed with Lowe adding another to his total on 58 minutes to end the scoring. Dearne are now nine points clear as nearest rivals Doncaster City crashed 5-0 at a revitalised Dinnington Town, the visitors pressing the self destruct button by having two players red carded in the first 15 minutes The home side, taking full advantage, were four up by the 25th minute as Jordan Turner completed a quickfire hat trick between the 10th and 21st minutes, Travis Hodgson getting a fourth shortly afterwards. Things settled down then, the last goal coming from Michael Golland with ten minutes left, rounding off a significant win. AFC Bentley tasted defeat for the first time this season, Retford Reserves leapfrogglng them into third place after a 3-2 win. Owen Hall put Bentley in front on 18 minutes, Retford equalising ten minutes later. Luke Tong gave them the lead with 56 on the clock, Joel Bradshaw putting them further ahead, Bentley’s second, scored by Austin Henry, coming far too late to make a difference. Hatfield Town played at home for only the second time this season as they took the points with a 4-2 win against a struggling Harworth Colliery. Ewan Plant gave Harworth a 5th minute lead which they held until four minutes before half time when Tom Doherty equalised, Todd Wrigley putting the home side just before the whistle blew. James Bytheway extended Hatfield’s lead in the 58th minute, but Harworth gave themselves hope, Billy Ball pulling one back shortly afterwards. Callum Stockton finally made the game safe for the hosts ten minutes from time. Chesterfield Youth made it three wins in a row, winning 3-1 at Woodhouse Colts. Chesterfield raced into a two goal lead with Finley Staniland and Fallet Bamba finding the net in the first seven minutes, James Simmonite giving them a comfortable interval lead. Woodhouse steadied the ship in the second half, Keenan Leeds scoring in the 74th minute, but it wasn’t enough to turn things round. At the foot of the table AFC Phoenix hauled themselves out of the bottom two, completing the double over Glapwell, the final score 4-1. Hassan Daud scored for Phoenix after just 80 seconds, but it was not until the 54th minute that Keegan Hepplestone got the second. Glapwell’s hopes of their first point of the season were raised when Farbod Yousefi got a goal back on 79 minutes but they were dashed by Brad Jones and Alfie McGann’s late strikes. The points were shared at Stone Close where Kiveton Miners Welfare and Staveley Reserves drew 2-2. Scorers for the home team were Yousif Teezani and Kenny Tafiyeri with Henry Tomlinson and Ethan Robinson replying for Staveley. A single Brandon Burke goal was enough for Yorkshire Main to take the points against SJR Worksop.


South Normanton failed to build on Tuesday night’s cup result as they went down 2-0 in their local derby with Pinxton. The visitors avenged their defeat by the Shiners on the opening day of the season and temporarily replaced them at the top of the table thanks to goals from Morgan Richards and Harley Kozluk. A single point separates the top four with Mickleover RBL and Graham Street Prims both winning to take the first two spots. RBL and Holbrook St Michaels couldn’t find a goal between them in the first half, RBL finally going in front on 59 minutes, Ryan Ross the scorer, Lee Hillier adding number two five minutes later. Mickleover’s third came five minutes from time, Emilio de Abreu completing the win and extending Holbrook’s barren stretch. Prims had a 2-1 win over Mickleover Reserves with Jake Dickinson’s 23rd minute goal dividing the teams at half time. Max Bulmer doubled the score with 58 played before the visitors reduced the lead. Two products of Bakewell Town’s development programme scored the all important goals in a 2-0 win at AFC Normanton, Caleb Fletcher (75) and Leighton Bowering (90) the matchwinners. Linby Colliery condemned Nottingham FC to defeat number ten, four first half goals guiding them to a 5-0 win. Mitchell Slawson set them on the way after 22 minutes, Dylan Walker doubling the advantage five minutes later with Rory Smith making it three shortly afterwards. Ewan Gibson struck another before half time before Ashdon Bernard rounded things off on 83. Cromford & Wirksworth Town shared the points with a hardworking Mansfield Hosiery Mills side, the final score 2-2. A Louis Davies penalty gave Cromford a half time advantage before an Elliott Nunn double saw the Millers take the lead, Davies getting his second with ten minutes left to secure the draw. Wirksworth Ivanhoe travelled to Arnold Town, returning with a 4-0 win under their belts. Billy Franklin’s 6th minute opener was followed by goals from Ryan Marchington and Will Howe before the half hour mark, number four not coming until shortly before the end, Marchington grabbing his second of the game. Oscar Supple’s goal a minute before the interval was enough to give Melbourne Dynamo three points at home to Teversal.


Worksop Town made it six wins from six this season with a 4-1 defeat of Harworth Colliery. Scorers for the Tigers were Alfie Parnell with two, Brad Charlesworth and Max Eastwood, with Harvey Penders getting one for Harworth. It was all square at Bessacarr, the match with Dearne & District finishing 2-2. The home side’s scorers were Ibra Mohammed and Ronin Herrington with Taine Clement and Joel Williamson replying for Dearne. Keigan Hutchinson and Fabian Orczyk’s goals in the last twelve minutes gave Bottesford Town the points from their derby match wIth Crowle Colts, whose goal came from Kian Woods.


Ashland Rovers beat both the Team of The Month curse and Long Bennington to remain at the top of the table. The game finished 4-1, Rovers goals scored by Ryan Butler, Matt Fowler, Nathan Dickinson and Michael Dennis with Oliver Bridges getting one for the visitors. Blidworth Welfare came from behind in a hard fought match to beat Linby Colliery 2-1. Spencer Pollitt’s 20 yard rocket gave Linby the half time advantage, Blidworth’s fightback resulting in Reilly Hodgkinson and Luke Bacon scoring to keep their team in the top two. Ollerton Town beat Pilsley 3-2 thanks to goals from Archie Ward, James Scothern and Joe Tunnard. Sleetmoor United and Teversal took a point apiece from a 2-2 draw with Oli Hill and Finlay Pass scoring for the hosts, Lewis Clift and Jack Charlton for Tevie.


With the top three all out of action, Bakewell Town climbed to fourth in the table as they saw off the challenge of Heanor Town 3-1. Martin Brissett scored twice to give Bakewell the half time lead and there was also a goal for 16 year old Will Johnson on his debut. A hat trick from George Bradley inspired Bargate Rovers to a 4-2 win at Belper United. Tom Lewis also scored for the visitors with Tom Barton and Lewis Walker from the penalty spot replying for Belper. Inter Belper picked up their first win of the season with a 3-2 winners defeat of Cromford and Wirksworth Town. On target for Inter were Liam Smith, Robbie Slinger and Tom Bednal, with Dale Hill responsible for both of Cromford’s goals. Little Eaton were 4-2 winners at Little Eaton, Aaron getting both of Rowsley’s goals in the 6th and 60th minutes.


Allenton United strengthened their position at the top of the table with an emphatic 5-1 win at rivals Hilton Harriers. Lambrada Domini’s hat trick and one each from Luke Stone and Sam Harrison made sure of the points, Domenico Galla with a consolation for the Harriers. Baobab United seized the opportunity To move into second spot with a 2-0 defeat of Punjab United, Bamoussa Cisse scoring for the sixth consecutive match and Albashir KurI also finding the net. Burton United had their first win of the season, beating Stapenhill 4-2. A Jamie Disney double and a goal each for Nathan Benjamin and Met Lam saw them home, Amari Asayande and Dylan Burke with the goals for Stapenhill. A draw at Castle Donington, the game with Hemington Hammers ending 1-1. Jordan Ablitt scoring for the home team, Josh Bunyan for Hemington.


A goal-packed game at Willington ended with the home team winning 7-5 against Wirksworth Ivanhoe. Unluckiest player of the day was Wirksworth’s Reece Marshall who scored four times but still ended on the losing side, Dan Gwyther getting Wirksworth’s second goal. Mason Bannister’s hat trick for Willington was backed up by goals from Ben Holder, Kieran McLarty, Stephen Morgan and Charlie Carter, a result which propelled Willington to second in the table behind runaway leaders Melbourne Dynamo. Joe Daly and Max Charlton’s goals proved enough to give Markeaton a 2-0 win at home to Sherwin. There was a narrow 4-3 win for Castle Donington against Little Eaton, their goals coming from Kyle Schuler with two, Ben Wallace and Reece Smith.

Holbrook Sports won 4-2 at Gresley Reserves, ensuring that there will be at least one CMAL finalist in in the Derbyshire FA Divisional Cup as seven of the eight quarter finalists are league members.

Richard Lane

Where next?

Macron Store Nottingham Division One Cup draw The draw for Round One of the Division One Cup has been made. The ties are as follows
Central Midlands Alliance Team of the Month The Central Midlands Alliance Team of the Month for September is Ashland Rovers

Match centre

Black Dragon Premier Division North
Black Dragon Premier Division South
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 North
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 East

Latest photos

20231125 - Arnold Town v Teversal FC
84 photos
18 photos

Abacus Lighting Central Midlands Alliance League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.