The Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for May 11th

By Richard Lane

The end is nigh, here's the roundup for a packed week of CMAL action

Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for May 1


The Macron Store Nottingham Division One Cup went to Holbrook Sports who saw off the Challenge of Worksop Town Reserves 3-1 at Blidworth Welfare. Holbrook got off to the best of starts with early goals from Oliver Curd and Joe Birkinshaw with Dan Sharp making the result a formality late in the game, a goal from Max Eastwood too little, too late for the young Tigers.

The second and third placed teams in the Black Dragon Badges Premier North both picked up three more points. Doncaster City were 3-0 winners against AFC Phoenix. The home side were quick off the mark, Rob Guilfoyle with the first on 8 minutes Mo Gashi increasing the lead with !5 minutes on the clock. Harry Clapham’s strike shortly before half time put the game to bed, before a goalless second half. Jordan Turner took his personal tally to eleven in the last three league games with four of the goals in Dinnington’s 5-0 win at Rossington Main Reserves . Turner struck in the 4th, 8th, 51st, and 86th minutes, the sequence broken only by a Justin Circuit goal on 39 minutes. Chesterfield Youth beat SJR Worksop, a goal from James Simmonite separating the teams.

There were four games in the Premier South. The battle to escape the bottom spot in the table still involves four teams, Holbrook St Michaels and Mayfield adding points to their totals after a 2-2 draw, Holbrook’s scorers were Kieran Smith and Lewis Goddard, James Moore with both for Mayfield. Graham Street Prims Continued their hectic run of matches, a goal in each half from Jake Dickinson giving them a 2-0 win at AFC Normanton. At the Fieldings a goal from Corey Burton enabled Mansfield Hosiery Mills to take all three points from visitors Derby Singh Brothers Lee Hillier gave Mickleover RBL a half time lead at Bakewell, Dan Howe levelling but RBL weren’t to be denied, Adam Boyfield getting the winner.
In the Macron Store Nottingham Division One West Kilburn kept their hopes alive by beating Cromford & Wirksworth Town 2-0, Kaine Bray and Josh Jennison the scorers. Robbie Slinger’s goal ensured maximum points for Inter Belper in their match at Heanor Town. Division One South leaders Burton United took the points they needed to keep their title ambitions alive by beating Stapenhill Reserves 2-0, George Morgan scoring on 32 minutes, Luke Gattuor with the second on 78.
Melbourne Dynamo took another step towards the Drayton PACS Division Two title with a 3-0 win at Aston Village, goals from Jacob Vella, Riley Moore and Felix Heard taking them nine points clear at the top. Markeaton kept their hopes alive, coming from a goal down to beat Wirksworth Ivanhoe 3-1. James McDonald put Wirksworth ahead on 16 minutes, George Evans equalised after 24 minutes and Toby Bown gave the visitors the lead five minutes before the interval, Max Warrington sealing the win midway into the second half.


The final Division One East match of the season saw Blidworth Welfare complete an almost perfect season with a 6-2 win over RHP. Blidworth have won nineteen out of twenty with just one draw and their level of consistency speaks for itself. Their superior finishing proved decisive in this final match, Liam Carver with a hat trick and one each for Reilly Hodgkinson, Jack Reeves and Luke Bacon while George Sheen grabbed a double for RHP.


Several of Thursday’s games featured teams playing for the third time in six days. In the Premier North Dinnington Town showed few signs of fatigue, scoring eleven against AFC Bentley with just one in return. A goal blitz in the first half saw Dinnington score 8 times in 24 minutes, both Justin Circuit and Travis Hodgson scoring quickfire hat tricks, Oliver Grady and Corey Glaves adding a goal each. The second half was less hectic, the hosts adding three more Rob Singer and Kyle Skeldon with one apiece, Grady getting his second. With 82 minutes gone Bentley scored the ultimate in consolation goals, Jordan Ringrose preventing a whitewash. In a remarkable run of results Chesterfield Youth notched up their sixth straight win in just 14 days, the latest a 5-0 defeat of AFC Phoenix whose season came to an end with seven consecutive losses. Tom Pawson did most of the damage with a hat trick, Kian Holloway and Harvey Thomas also on the scoresheet.
In the Premier South Mayfield finally climbed off the foot of the table, the latest win in their impressive late season revival seeing them beat Cromford & Wirksworth Town 3-1. They moved up three places thanks to goals from Mason Smith, John Ford and Alex Sanchez, Scott Taylor replying for Cromford. Linby Colliery were quicAFC Normanton, Ashdon Bernard giving them a first minute lead. The hosts drew level with Josh Manifold’s goal on 36 minutes, the match decided in favour of Linby by a 76th minute own goal. Bakewell Town needed a last minute equaliser to take a point from their home game with Derby Singh Brothers. They led through Pat Mosley in the 26th minute, Tyrell Waite levelling ten minutes later. Singh’s went ahead ten minutes from time, Shupinder Aletan the scorer before a last ditch Matt Kelcey strike ensured the points were shared. A low key match at South Normanton resulted in a 1-0 win against Mansfield Hosiery


The bragging rights in the Bassetlaw derby went to SJR Worksop thanks to a 3-1 win over Harworth Colliery. Kieran Taylor gave them an 18th minute lead with Cameron Baines doubling the advantage seven minutes before the interval. Cameron Till reduced the lead for Harworth with 77 played but two minutes later Callum Edwards made sure of the points for SJR.


It was second against third at Armthorpe, Doncaster City overcoming Dinnington Town 2-1. Following a goalless first half the home side took the lead after an hour, Rob Guilfoyle converting a penalty, Mo Gashi adding a second just three minutes later. Dinnington finally getting on the scoresheet in the final minute with a Justin Circuit goal. Elite FC finished the season in fourth position, signing off with a 6-0 win against AFC Bentley. Jacob Swales scored two with one each for Mateo Dumitrescu, Robbie Wood, Tommy Pallett and Sam Limber. Yorkshire Main put an end to Chesterfield Youth’s winning run, Regan Constantine and Danny Boulton on target as Main won 2-0. The bottom two met at Hall Corner, Glapwell yet again falling to defeat due to avoidable defensive errors, Kiveton Miners Welfare taking full advantage. Glapwell took a one goal advantage in the last minute of the first half, Danny Stevenson the scorer but Kiveton were level on 57 minutes through Abdulrahman Al-Ghamdi, Jamal Yussuf hitting the winner seven minutes later.

The fight to escape bottom spot in the Premier South continues but wins for three of the four teams involved made the situation rather more clear. Arnold Town collected a welcome three points, overturning the form book to record a 4-1 win at Wirksworth Ivanhoe. Two Eddie Morgan goals and one each from Matty Hubbard and Aaron Wainana gave Arnold an important three points with Tom Mellor Despite having a bare eleven players, Mayfield extended their improved run of results, defeating AFC Normanton 3-2. Normanton took a 20th minute lead, Vladislav Nitiss the scorer which was immediately wiped out by Jake Walklett. Henry Brooks regained the advantage three minutes into the second half but a double on 70 and 75 minutes from Will Harrison moved Mayfield further up table Teversal travelled to Holbrook St Michaels who are now five points adrift at the foot of the table after Tevie’s 4-1 win. James Whitmore put the visitors ahead in the 12th minute, Charlie Harrison levelling before half time. The match was won with a three goal burst in ten minutes, Jake Allen, Arthur Pashley and Isaac Potter putting the result beyond doubt. At the other end of the table South Normanton completed their season with a 5-2 defeat of Cromford & Wirksworth Town. Josh Parfitt gave the Shiners the lead before Cromford took the lead with a Joe Geeson spot kick abd one from Dan Watson. That proved to be the high point as further strikes from Josh Devereux (2), Tyron Macaskill and Ryan Ordidge took the points. Melbourne confirmed their third place with a 2-1 win at Derby Singh Brothers, Noah Trivett and Tyler Withers the scorers, Singhs completing their seventh game in fourteen days with a Lee Williamson goal.

Holbrook Sports took a big step towards the Division One West title, a goal from Ewan Barnes putting paid to Kilburn’s hopes and leaving with the task of securing four points from their three remaining matches, Mickleover Athletic’s final points total undecided as their final match was called off. Holbrook St Michaels won 2-1 at Rowsley 86, Alfie Fox and Jordan Mason with the goals, Michael Lettall scoring for Rowsley. No details for Heanor Town’s 6-0 win against Bakewell Town.

Allenton United are effectively the champions of Division One South, their victory by a single goal over their rivals Burton United, Lewis Wilson with the goal. Allenton are level with Burton on points and have one game to play with the outcome of another abandoned match to be decided. They also have a superior goal difference. A hat trick for Punjab United’s Kirk Francis proved in vain as visitors Stapenhill Reserves ran in eight in return. Haydn Simpkins’ three goals with two each for Sean Carter and Oliver Abbot and one from Dante Edwards.

Melbourne Dynamo Reserves beat Willington United 3-0 at Graham Street Prims to take the inaugural Mel Williams Division Two Cup Final. Scorers for the winners were Joe Shadbolt with two goals and Riley Moore.

Division Two produced three apparently one-sided matches, The biggest margin of victory was at Ashland Rovers, the home side winning 7-1 against Ashover. Giavanni Andrew was the star of the show with four goals, the others shared between Callum Jones, Jack Sheldon and Daniel Camara, Kasey Phelan with one for the visitors. Sherwin ran them close with a 7-2 defeat of Castle Donington. Scorers for Sherwin were Marcus Holder with a hat trick, a double from Ethan Walker and one each for Ignatius Zhou and Daniel Anderson. Finally Aston Village beat Bargate Rovers 4-0. Jordan Mayer’s 38th minute goal giving them a half time lead. Reece Dando increased the lead two minutes into the restart, Dando’s second and Marcus Hall’s late strikes adding gloss to the

Richard Lane

Where next?

The Final Central Midlands Alliance Roundup of 2023-24 A roundup of the action in the final full week of the season.
Central Midlands Alliance Roundup for May 4th A busy week in the league, here are the details

Match centre

Black Dragon Premier Division North
Black Dragon Premier Division South
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 North
Macron Store Nottingham Division 1 East

Abacus Lighting Central Midlands Alliance League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.